torsdag 22 april 2010

Top of the league, we're havin' a laugh!

Tuesday was a very big day for me. My hometown football team (that's soccer for you guys), Helsingborgs IF, were playing local rivals Malmo FF. Both teams have had an excellent start to the season, HIF topping the table two points infront of mff before the match.

I'd been nervous for a week or so, there's a lot more than 3 points at stake when we play malmo. I am not a hateful person, but I can geniunly say that I hate malmo. We must beat them.

On tuesday, I payed to watch the game online. Due to the bandwith restrictions on campus computers, I knew I wouldn't be able to watch the full thing if I stayed in my room. I decided to go to Barnes and Nobles and watch it there, they have free wifi after all.

Bad idea, they do not have any power outlets available for customers, so with 5 minutes left to kick off I was running to the Naperville Library. Got there and got my computer set up just to find the video stuttering along at a terrible framerate. The library internet was just not fast enough. To add to that, malmo scored from a wrongly awarded penalty in the second minute.

I now rushed back to my room, got the thing set up again, and found to my great pleasure that HIF had equilized. A few minutes later we struck again, making it 2-1. In the middle of the second half, my bandwith gave up and I had to run to a computer room, log in to a friends account, and watch the rest of the match there. HIF held on and went 5 points clear at the top, I was dancing around the computer lab, if anyone walked past they must have thought I'd lost it.

Technology, gotta love it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar