Still, I just can't warm to it. I don't believe that there is a need for twitter. Maybe that is an opinion coloured by my dislike for the service in general, but I don't believe that just because a new service exists and becomes popular, that it necessarily fills an important function. I believe that twitter has created a need, that it fulfills, and now companies believe that twitter is a must.
I am not saying that there are no upsides with twitter, of course there are, but it just feels like we're starting to become a little too obsessed with being constantly online and updating/updated.
Not sure what my point is with this, I'm just fed up with the twitter-mania.
I bet I'll have a twitter account in 6 months. Bah.
Agreed... I never understood the buzz about twitter. I was watching an award show not too long ago and they actually had a "twitter expert" commentating on the twitter activity during the award show. Why? I'm not sure but apparently it was pretty important stuff.
SvaraRaderaI completely agree with you. It seems to me like businesses, government officials, etc. are jumping on the twitter bandwagon because they think it will help them connect to teens...but most teens I know don't even like twitter.
SvaraRadera